Losing your car keys is one of the most stressful incidents to endure, especially when you are on vacation or elsewhere away from home. Not everyone keeps their spare key in a safe place (such as a safe deposit box at a bank or a safe place at home), which means you will eventually need the assistance of an experienced locksmith. If you need a car key replacement, can you get it via the vehicle’s VIN number? The answer is yes and the experienced team at 3 Guys Locksmith can help you replace your car key by VIN number.
What is Needed for Key Replacement?
In order for our locksmiths to replace a car key by VIN number, you will need to do the following:
- The car’s owner will need to be present with the vehicle.
- The owner will need to provide their driver’s license.
- The owner will need to provide the vehicle’s registration.
Call a Locksmith Immediately
The moment you realize you’ve lost your car keys, you should call an experienced and trusted locksmith. Doing so can help you get back into your vehicle in no time. If your vehicle was made prior to 1981, you should be able to have a replacement car key made easily because the vehicle won’t have a fob. A locksmith will be able to help you with the following:
- Replace the lost key, even if you don’t have the original or the spare.
- Cut and copy a vehicle key.
- Program remote key fobs.
- Open the vehicle if you have locked the keys inside.
- Change and repair locks on the vehicle that have been damaged.
- Repair or replace broken or damaged keys.
Where Do I Find the VIN Number?
When you need to replace car key by VIN number, you need to know where you can find it. A VIN is a combination of 17 letters and numbers. The VIN number can be found in one of the following places:
- The inside of a wheel well
- The inside of a door jam
- In the trunk
- On the frame between the carburetor and the windshield washer
What is a VIN Number?
A VIN number provides locksmiths and other professionals with the following information:
- Where the vehicle was built
- The manufacturer of the vehicle
- The brand, engine size, and type of vehicle
- The security code
- The model year of the vehicle
- The plant where the vehicle was assembled
- The serial number of the vehicle
This information is vital for locksmiths who are called to replace car key by VIN number. If for some reason, you cannot find the VIN number, it will be challenging to replace the keys if you cannot find the spare set.
Call an Experienced Locksmith Today
Have you lost your keys? Is your spare missing too? If so, it’s time to call an experienced locksmith for car key replacement service. 3 Guys Locksmith can replace car key by VIN number when you are in a dire situation. Contact us here or call us today at (305) 907-7707 for emergency service. Our locksmiths are trusted, experienced, and prompt in their service. We can provide you with the solution needed to solve your lockout problems.